Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ta Da!!

Well, this is it! Our attempt to connect with family and friends, who don't use facebook...you know who you are!! :O) Life has been great with us. We really can't believe, or even fathom the fact, that Cruz is almost 1/2 a year old! Where has the time gone? And seriously, is Corban really turning 4 in September? I remember being in school, thinking that time could not go fast enough, now it won't slow down!

Caleb loves his job at Shawnee Milling! The Ford family is a wonderful family to work for! He's been there for almost 3 years now. His job title is the "Ingredient Purchaser", but also entails much, much more! He deals with hedging and options and a bunch of other stuff he tries to explain to me, but it just makes my head go round in circles! :O) Haha!! He loves every minute of it!

I(Haylee)am enjoying my life with my "C" boys!! Couldn't get any better! I've recently joined a bible study group with an amazing group of ladies...all stay at home mommies, too :O) It's a nice break from all the laundry, cleaning, cooking, dirty diapers, Dora, iCarly, Hannah Montana, etc...!! About 2 weeks ago, we acquired a new dog, Abbee. We had to give Hank to another family because he just didn't like Corban as much as Corban liked him :O) Abbee is a Catahoula Leopard Dog, which is a herding/hound dog. She's absolutely wonderful!!!! Any dog that will let Corban pull her around by the collar and ride her like a horse, is a keeper in the Winsett household!! She has become quite the Houdini of dogs, making escapes from the backyard, a daily event. So, on Thursday evening, Caleb and I (mostly Caleb!!) installed an invisible fence to keep miss Houdini in the backyard...so far, so good!

Corban is in "school" every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It's really a "pre" pre-K. I'm amazed at how much he has learned since being in school since January. But the big part, is that he's learned how to act in social settings :O) He will now actually sit on the floor and listen to a story, instead of being the Tasmanian devil and running all over the place!! Haha! As of right now, he's a HUGE fan of Cars and Toy Story. His name is constantly changing on a day-to-day basis. One day, he's Lightning the Queen(McQueen), or Buzz, or Zach(Robinson), or puppy, or Simba...never Corban!! So, truth be told, when I want him to do something, I have to call him by his "name of the day"!! Ahhh! He definitely keeps me on my toes!

Cruz will be 6 months on March 30th!! His big milestone is that he just started rolling over! He already has a best friend, and that's his big brother Corban! When Corban is around, Cruz will NOT take his eyes off of him. Partly, because Corban acts like such a goof-ball around Cruz! Not only does he have Cruz laughing all the time, but he has mommy and daddy laughing, too!! He's the most laid back, happy, calm baby that I've ever been around! And he's all mine :O) Let's just say that God gave me what I could handle...with Corban :O) Haha!! As my grandma put it "You've got a real jewel." I'd have to agree with her! He ALWAYS has a smile on his face, even when he's sick, which has been a lot lately.......ear infection, pneumonia, and now strep throat. We're just crossing our fingers that Spring and warmer weather are right around the corner!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and your family are doing well. Glad to know you guys!

    ReplyDelete